- This week's ROMIK prescription is posted below!
- NEW C-SPORT CLASS! We now have a Friday 6am C-Sport to complete the MWF 6am schedule. Let all your early bird friends know!
- The CROSSFIT INVITATIONAL is coming to San Jose! On Nov. 9th, all star teams from the U.S., Canada, Europe, & Australia will go head to head at the SAP Center (The Shark Tank). Some of the best CrossFit athletes in the world will be competing, including current Champions Rich & Camille, and past Champs Annie, Jason, Sam, etc. This should be a pretty cool event, and you can get tickets here! If you're interested in going, I'd get your tickets ASAP. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for this, but I will start a list on the wall so when you get tickets you can add your name to the list and then coordinate a little Cadence group outing.
- Tony's ROMIK class continues this week!! Join us at 10am Mondays and 930am Thursdays to start your new commitment to mobility, flexibility, and stronger stabilizers! This can make ALL the difference in your training and how you feel day in and day out.
SPC: SQUAT - pull - press - pull - off
A. back squat: 5-5-3 (40-50-60%), then 5-5-5+ (75-80-85%); rest as needed
*add 10 lbs to your working max from last cycle. If you fail to get at least 5 reps on all sets, then you will lower your working max by 10% (NOT 10lbs) for the next squat day.
B. elevated DB reverse lunges: 3 x 12 (ea. side); rest 2 min, (no alternating - one side at a time)
C. AMRAP in 12 min:
- 200m row
- 6 HSPU
- 9 "Russian" KBS (70/53)
Like the 12 days of Christmas song:
45 sec plank
10 box jumps
15 air squats
15 bench press
15 body rows
1k row or 2500m bike
Round 1= plank
Round 2= box jumps + plank
Round 3= run + box jumps + plank
A. Jerk - 90% x 2 x 4
B. Front Squat - 90% (of last week's 2RM) x 1 x 2
C. Bentover BB row (Pendlay row)- 4 x 5
Hang Squat Snatch, 1 rep every 30 sec for 10 mins - make every rep
ROMIK mobility class with Sports Chiropractor Tony (10am Mon, 930am Thurs!)
This Week's Mobilization Target Areas:
- Anterior and lateral shoulder, deltoid, chest
Most Common tools:
- Single Lacrosse Ball
- Elastic Band
- Foam Roller
A. Anterior Compartment Smash (Lacrosse ball)
Place ball pec-minor area and lean against doorway or squat rack. Bring arm to internal rotation (behind back) move arm in any direction.
B. Barbell Shoulder Smash (Barbell)
Lay on your back and bring barbell to Anterior Deltoid. Bring that arm to 90 degrees and rotate it into internal and external rotation.
C. Foam Roller Opener (Foam Roller)
This one is easy…put roller along your spine and lay back on it. Bring arms out at 90 degrees and stretch out chest (pec minor and major)
D. Banded Lateral Opener (Elastic Band)
Hook your right hand through the band and create tension, rotate your palm up, biasing external rotation of your shoulder, keep arm in this position and rotate away from the band.
Post results and thoughts to comments.