CONGRATS to Chelsea for placing 2nd in the OPTathlon this past weekend! This competition attracts some of the fittest competitors in the community, including some CrossFit Games athletes, so this is a huge accomplishment for her. Good Job Chels! We're super proud of you!
- Rowing class this Wednesday at 7pm!!! Taught by Los Gatos Rowing Club coach Jaime Valez, This is a perfect way for you to improve your rowing technique and get a workout in the process. Rowing is much more technique dependent than most people think. If you can improve your technique, you can become more efficient. In other words, improve your times and get less tired doing it.
- OCTOBER FLOATING TESTER #2 is posted below. You have 2 weeks to get it done. Remember, you need a judge to validate your score and best male and female scores get $10 in Cadence credit plus a $20 Proanox gift card!
- Congrats to Nick G. (4:55) and Lu (8:41) for posting the best times on the first tester!... for anyone not named Joey Warren (3:53) that is. Good job guys!
A. jerk: to a heavy single
B. 400m sled push x 2; rest ~ 6 min bt efforts
C. max reps abmat sit-ups in 3 minutes. Try to break 100.
*For the sled push, men should add about 1lb to the sled for every 4lbs of bodyweight, women add 1lb for every 5lbs of bodyweight. These loads do not have to be exact, and it should feel pretty light at first. Note in comments how much weight you used.
October Floating Tester #2 (you have until 10/28 to get it done)
Against a 9 min clock:
3 rounds of:
- 15/10 pullups
- 20 box hops (24/20)
then with time remaining, get as far as you can in the following ladder:
- 10 squat snatches at 95/55lbs
- 8 squat snatches at 115/65lbs
- 6 squat snatches at 135/80lbs
- 4 squat snatches at 155/100lbs
- AMRAP squat snatches at 175/120lbs
*You must change the weight yourself. Score for the workout is most total snatch reps.
*Judges be TOUGH! All reg standards apply. You must stand up completely on the box before jumping/stepping down for the rep to count. Show control at the top of your snatches to make them count.
A. SMR: quads
B. stretch 2 min per side on each:
- PNF hamstrings
- wall of death x 2
C. FS position hold 1 min
Post results and thoughts to comments.